Welcome to Sports Carnival (“Service”). Sports Carnival allows you to efficiently manage your leagues, gyms, tournaments, create wish lists, form sharing groups, and share gifting related information in a private social network.
Accounts; Password In order to access some of the features of the Site, you will have to create an account (“Account”). During the registration process, you will be required to provide certain information. You represent and warrant to Sports Carnival that all information you submit when you create your Account is accurate and complete. If Sports Carnival has reason to believe that your Account information is untrue, inaccurate, out-of- date, or incomplete, Sports Carnival reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to suspend or terminate your Account.
You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account, whether authorized by you or not. You must keep your Account information secure, including without limitation your user number/login and password. You must notify Sports Carnival immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. Sports Carnival is not responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your number/login, password or account.
Children Under 13
You must be at least 13 years old and a resident of the United States to register for and use the Service. To comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), children under 13 years of age (“Children”) should not open their own accounts on this service. Wish lists for children under 13 years of age may be maintained by a parent or other adult in their own account in the "child account" section, or an account they open and maintain on behalf of the child under 13 years old.
- use the Site to abuse, harass, threaten, intimidate, or invade the privacy of any other person or entity;
- use the Site to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use the Site for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- post to, or link from the Site anything that:
- infringes the copyright or intellectual property right of others, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- is defamatory, obscene, or pornographic;
- is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive;
- promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm againstany individual or group;
- use the Site to post advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
- use the Site or any of its content for any commercial purpose.
Further, under no circumstances may you:
- use, display, mirror, frame, or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site, or any content or individual element within the Site;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Sports Carnival’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Sports Carnival’s providers; attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Sports Carnival system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Sports Carnival or any of Sports Carnival’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site or Sports Carnival’s Content;
- attempt to download Sports Carnival Content from the Site through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like) other than those generally available third party web browsers for general consumer use (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, or its content;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- not to use this site to collect or harvest personal information about other participants at this site;
- make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- create accounts for the purpose of creating public lists with back links for link farm purposes
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data; or
- encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
You acknowledge that any violations of the provisions of this Section are subject to injunctive relief and you agree to personal liability on behalf of all participants to the violations regardless of entity affiliation, for all related attorney fees, and legal costs.
The Site may allow you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("User Content"). You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Site, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
USER CONTENT LICENSE
Sports Carnival does not claim any ownership rights in any User Submissions and nothing in these ToS will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such User Submissions submitted by you.
However, by making available any User Submissions through the Site, you hereby grant to Sports Carnival a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast and otherwise exploit such User Submissions in any and all media or distribution methods. By way of example and not limitation Sports Carnival may modify or adapt your User Submissions in order to transmit, display or distribute such submissions over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your User Submissions as are necessary to conform and adapt your User Submissions to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. Sports Carnival also has the right to make your User Submissions available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Sports Carnival. Such uses by Sports Carnival or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with us may be made with no compensation to you with respect to your User Submissions or otherwise.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all User Submissions that you make available through the Site. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Submissions that you make available through the Site or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Sports Carnival the rights in such User Submissions, as contemplated under these ToS; and (ii) neither the User Submissions nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the User Submissions or Sports Carnival’ use of the User Submissions (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
MONITORING OF USER CONTENT; ACCOUNT TERMINATION
As part of the Site, Sports Carnival may provide you with a convenient way to add and follow links to third party website(s) as well as post content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (Collectively known as, “Third Party Sites”).
Sports Carnival is not responsible for any Third Party Sites and has no control over Third Party Sites or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on such sites. Third Party Sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by Sports Carnival, and their inclusion on the Site does not imply approval or endorsement by Sports Carnival. Links to Third Party Sites are provided “as is” and are subject to change or removal at any time.
If you decide to leave the Site and access Third Party Sites you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site. Sports Carnival takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content or Third Party Sites that you or any other user or third party posts to or accessed from the Site. Under no circumstances will Sports Carnival be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted to or linked from the Site.
COMPANY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site and its original content (excluding User Content), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Sports Carnival and its licensors. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, download, repost, copy, or use said content, whether in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or for personal gain, without express advance written permission from Sports Carnival.
The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Sports Carnival.
Sports Carnival may also use your email address, to send you other messages, including
information about Sports Carnival and special offers from the company, its affiliates and
partners. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings or sending an email
to email@example.com or mail to the following postal address:
Sports Carnival Corporation
347 4th street S. Bayport, MN 55003
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding Sports Carnival or special offers from Sports Carnival affiliates and partners.
THE SITE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SPORTS CARNIVAL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SPORTS CARNIVAL MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES; RELEASE
Sports Carnival is not responsible in any way for any damages or losses, either directly or indirectly, arising from your use or access of the Site, or by your inability to use the Site. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute or claim against Office Leaks.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SPORTS CARNIVAL, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH SPORTS CARNIVAL OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPORTS CARNIVAL HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, or with a Third Party Site you accessed via our Site, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Where notice to Sports Carnival is required by any law or regulation, notice may only be addressed to:
Sports Carnival Corporation
347 4th street S. Bayport, MN 55003
Communications made through any Site e-mail or messaging systems, will not constitute legal notice to Sports Carnival or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation.